Tuesday 19 May 2020

FACING DISASTERS WITH STABILITY


FACING DISASTERS WITH STABILITY
1.       What does Human being consist of?
2.       What is the purpose of Life?
3.       Who are our Friends and relatives?
4.       What is the difference between human being and other creatures?
5.       Why do I experience happiness and sorrow, health and disease, disaster and crisis?
6.       Why do I need God? Does God exist?
7.       How do I know that I exist before birth and after death?

1.       What does Human being consist of?
Human being consists of body, 5 senses, mind, intellect and consciousness. It is the consciousness / self awareness that experience various feelings and emotions through the organs called mind (thoughts), intellect, senses and physical organs (as also explained in Ayurveda, Vedas-Upanishads).
The consciousness (Emotions) is situated in the brain close to pineal gland (as per Canon-Bard Theory) which is also known as third eye. This consciousness is experienced through the intellect which is known as attention.
Through Attention or Intellect, the self consciousness moves to various consciousness known as body consciousness, mind consciousness known as sub conscious or unconscious (as also explained by Sigmund Freud), physical world consciousness.
My consciousness or “I” becomes that wherever my Intellect focuses on. When my Intellect remains self aware, it is 3rd eye or self conscious. When my Intellect remains aware of divine love and peace, I become God-like (as also explained in Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra and in Vedas-Upanishads). When my Intellect focuses on worry, sadness, feelings and emotions, my consciousness becomes an embodiment of those experiences.
So, Human being is of Consciousness and I, the Consciousness experience those feelings and emotions wherever my Intellect is focused upon.
This happens automatically without my awareness/ conscious awareness making us behave like a Robot or like in auto-pilot mode. So, we have to be attentive every moment being self aware, if we want to control what type of feelings / emotions my conscious going to experience.
And this self awareness is nothing but the inner silence or peace that we experience when my five senses, mind (thoughts) and intellect (attention) remain quiet without focusing/thinking on any external objects unconsciously. One of the methods to keep calm in any situation is to have less number of thoughts, at any point of time.

Hence, it is very important to have Conscious self awareness every moment to have control over our thoughts, feelings and emotions, to remain stable in any situation.
When I am self aware and focus my attention to divine and other actions consciously (with consciousness/self awareness), then I retain my spiritual natural nature which is also known as Spirituality.


2.       What is the purpose of Life?

The purpose of life is to become more divine in nature, become more compassionate, more loving, more peaceful and more light. And for all these, there is not much to focus on external activities but to look inside. The more we focus on our real nature and real consciousness, automatically it reflects on the external activities whatever we perform and even the external activities become elevated and beneficial or successful.
Although we focus on action, the real purpose of life is to work on internal self awareness to bring more of my internal awareness in to my day to day experience and activities.

The more I retain my natural nature, self awareness / consciousness in my daily routine, I remain stable and mindful in every activity and it becomes easy to remain stable in any disaster or crisis.
If I come under the influence of mind, intellect, senses, sense objects, then I lose my natural awareness, I get in to varieties of thoughts that cloud my intellect leading to distorted personalities (as explained in Psychology as Type A, B, C, D and more) by adopting to rajasic and tamasic nature. Otherwise I remain in my original Personality with Satwic nature predominant (as explained in Ayurveda).


3.       Who are our Friends and relatives?

Out of ignorance, not knowing my spiritual awareness / consciousness, I think myself as a limited body.
Our friends and relatives are the instruments who help our confined limited ignorant body or egoistic consciousness move or expand, from limited to unlimited gradually. They help us to identify and experience my spiritual nature of unselfishness, compassion, love, humility, tolerance and more.
But in spite of self awareness of love, compassion, light, unselfishness, if I remain focused /conscious on my limited body or the body of friends and relatives, I get stuck from evolving more into spiritual in nature.
Ignorance is getting stuck with my own or relatives physical body not able to realize our own or others spiritual nature.
The more I am able to realize my spiritual nature and able to feel and experience others spiritual nature / consciousness, my attention/intellect move from physical to spiritual. The more spiritual qualities I have within myself and see in others, I become stable and focused, undisturbed in any disaster or crisis.
The physical body may whither away but not the spiritual nature.
The more I carryout my Responsibility with my spiritual consciousness / awareness, the more easy I feel day by day without any burden because I know that I do everything to bring out mine or others spiritual elevated awareness/consciousness, not that I do everything for my own or others physical body.
And this state of spiritual awareness help us to see benefits in every situation, even the failure or disaster becomes  success or a lesson because, even the failure has brought more hidden, unrealized potential from within us, acting as a teacher.
But this realization is only possible when we know or practiced our Consciousness as separate from body, mind and intellect. If I have experienced my consciousness as separate, then it becomes easy to understand others spiritual existence removing all types of worry and anxieties.
For others it is better to express their feelings of grief and become light. At the same time practice control over thoughts with self-awareness or divert the thoughts by focusing on real day to day activities instead of keep brooding over the past, for the benefit of self and others.


4.       What is the difference between human being and other creatures?

The beliefs, Schemas - Attitudes what we have within us about ourselves / human being is different than what is there in other creatures. We can change our belief system with knowledge, education, understanding but not other creatures. We evolve in every situation, every disaster but other creatures remain where they are since their appearance on earth. We human being have the ability to learn lessons and keep evolving more and more from every situation – crisis or disaster. We become more loving, caring, compassionate, sharing unlike other creatures who retain their stubborn nature same forever.


5.       Why do I experience happiness and sorrow, health and disease, disaster and crisis?

Ayurved says it is due to wrong intellect or lack of knowledge that I experience sorrow, disease and unstability in disaster or crisis. It also applies to Fear, Depression, Stress.
And Knowledge is about Knowledge of almost everything. It is about finding knowledge or understanding instead of focusing more on anxiety, fear, waste thoughts, negative thoughts.
If I have knowledge and the method, I experience, happiness, success.
If I lack knowledge and its application, then I experience failure, fear, depression, disease, stress.
Knowledge of body and its right application leads to health.
Knowledge of situations and performing right actions leads to overcome difficulties or stress or fear.
Knowledge of past beliefs and modifying them with effort removes depression.

Knowledge of mind, thoughts, self awareness leads to stability of mind, feelings and emotions, in turn helps to face disaster and crisis with stability.
Knowledge and practice of self awareness and spiritual nature helps even to face death with a smile.

6.       Why do I need God? Does God exist?

Psychology says, whoever had faith in God always performed better in every situation like illness, disasters or any other calamities of self or others.
And Sage Patanjali’s yoga sutra explains eight steps (Yama, Niyama, Pranayama, Asana, Pratyahara, Dharana, Dhyana, Samadhi) in detail, which has to be practiced through various lives, to attain perfection or Samadhi. But Sage Patanjali also says that you can skip all eight stages if you are able to remember or focus your intellect on One God who is ever stable and resplendent, to attain same perfection or Samadhi.
Ayurveda also explains to remember One God who is Common for all, the who never takes birth.
When I exist, I know my parents exist and their parents also existed. Similarly when I know myself as spiritual consciousness whose intellect keep wavering away from my spiritual consciousness again and again, I should accept that there should be some-One whose intellect never wavered from His own self consciousness. This also applies in Organizations where a leader always exists.
Based on that, If we focus on that One whose intellect is ever stable and remain always spiritual in His awareness with all the elevated qualities of love, compassion, peace and bliss, it becomes easy to maintain/experience our own spiritual nature with same elevated qualities of God and hence, by remembering God, we are able to remain stable even in disasters and crises.
And the most important benefit is, the spiritual nature of divine what we experience will transform our hard core nature into soft core nature known as Satwic (as explained in Ayurved). Otherwise, it remains either rajasic or tamasic which is the real cause of all physical and mental diseases.


7.       How do I know that I exist before birth and after death?

Upanishad mentions about waking, sleep, dream, turiya (silent or deep sleep) and turiyateet (egoless) stages. Turiya is when you are you are self aware, And Turiyateet is when your mind and intellect is engrossed in divine peace and love which is same in you and God, becoming almost God-like, without any awareness of “I or me or mine”.
So, in all state of mind, I exist all the time, sometimes with ego and other times without ego, sometimes my consciousness engrossed in self, other times in God, other times in senses, sense objects, situations and people.
Even in deep sleep, you existed, that is why you say I had a very good sleep. At no point of time, you or my consciousness never ceases to exist and even in death, our consciousness keep existing but detached from mind, senses, sense objects and sense organs.
Whenever we remain self aware with inner silence and sweetness, it is the state we exist when we leave the body. Hence, it is a state of bliss, peace and love what we experience being or going out of the body. And this state of mind, we can experience even being in the body. And the more we practice this state of mind, the elevated spiritual Consciousness, then even in disasters or crises, even if we have to leave the body, we will experience, peace, love and bliss.


Q & A Session:
1.       Difference between Psychoanalysis or Western psychology and Indian Psychology?

Psychoanalysis is mainly meant to bring the unconscious thoughts or emotions that exist within, to become conscious / aware of each and individual issues, with understanding and expression. And each complete session whether it is psychoanalysis or any other Counseling therapies, generally takes a long time to complete, with exceptions, since they focus on each and every issue. Exceptions like Humanistic and Positive Psychology, somewhat follow the pattern of Indian psychology.
In Indian Psychology, it is more of prevention and understanding, focusing more on solutions instead of going into depth of each issue.  Those who practice Indian Psychology or Spirituality never get stuck in mind or thoughts to get in to disorders of body and mind. Because, only those who are not able to stop the thoughts or detach the consciousness from senses, intellect, mind, objects get into disorders. If, through Indian Psychology or Spirituality, if we can become self-aware / self conscious and use the mind (thoughts), intellect, senses according to the need, then there is no reason to have any type of disorders.


2.       What is Astral Travel?

Every day, when we sleep, our consciousness keeps traveling as a venting out process of our unresolved emotions and feelings. Sometimes, it is just a dream, other times it is more vivid about movement with mostly flying experience which is known as astral travel.


3.       Is it that departed souls never feel sad or worry after they leave the body?

Whatever state of mind you have at the time of leaving the body, you mostly experience the same state of emotions being out of the body. It is something like whatever you think before sleep, same related thoughts will appear in dreams or when you wake up. That’s why it is very important to have a stable peaceful, calm state of mind even during disasters or at the time of leaving the body to have a peaceful and calm transition from physical world to the other world.
And also, being calm and focused intellect helps in finding solutions, because there will be less number of thoughts and there is no confusion.
If we retain good feelings and happy thoughts about people who left the body, they receive those good feelings and happiness. And if we have sad or worrying thoughts about others, these emotions may also reach them. It may not be possible to remember them and have happy thoughts. That’s why it is good to keep our feelings elevated and spiritual in remembrance of God and His divine nature of peace, love and happiness which would naturally reach every living and non living people/souls and things everywhere.
Even, it is said, all the rituals whatever we do for the departed souls, is to erase their memory from our mind, rather than remembering them, unlike it is generally believed.


4.       Is there any way to release the grieving departed soul from their grief?

It is said, the grieving departed souls are in darkness. When people of the world experience spiritual nature of our own self through Divine remembrance of peace, love and compassion, our spiritual light can enable the souls to get rid of their darkness and move into light, become free from their grief.


5.       Who is the father of Indian Psychology?

We know that Wilhelm Maximilian Wundt is known as the father of Western Psychology. For Indian Psychology, there is no such a single person but to name a few, we can say Sage Vyasa as the Creator of Sri Krishna who wrote the Mahabharat and Bhagawad Gita. There is Ayurveda by Sage Charaka.
If you ask how a Scientist or great Sages receive great ideas, Western Psychology and even Indian Psychology say that, it is through intuition from beyond the fives senses and even beyond the mind and intellect, in deep silence. In that way, all great thoughts and ideas belong to One God alone and God is known as the One who has complete Knowledge. All others whoever writes or explains, give only their opinions at the glimpse of God’s knowledge. Hence, we can say, God is the Father of Spiritual knowledge as well as the Indian Psychology.


No comments:

Post a Comment